NORTHWEST FENCING ACADEMY’S ONLINE LEARNING SERIES
You must be a currently enrolled Member to access Member-Only videos and articles.
- How to Train at Home – an article on training even with limited room, found objects to help you train, mindfulness in training.
- Warm-up video – a standard warm up you can do before training
- Core Exercise Video – exercises to improve core strength
- Movement Training Video series – drills to develop smooth, precise footwork; changes of angle; proprioception (knowing where your body is in space)
- Solo Forms Videos series – offensive and defensive movements based on the guards of Armizare
- Curriculum Guides – guides to using all the video materials in a coherent, progressive training program
Click on a title below to access the Video or Article.
- Safety, Courtesy, Etiquette in Training
- Measuring Success: the Role of Freeplay & Competition in Training
- Stable, Striking and Mutable: Fighting from the Guards of L’Arte dell’Armizare
- Memory and Performance: Visual and Rhetorical Strategies of Il Fior di Battaglia
Body & Sword Mechanics 4 Part Video Series
- Part 1: Exercises with Posta Longa and Posta Dente de Zenghiaro (Boar’s Tooth)
- Part 2: Sword Exercises with Fendente
- Part 3: Sword Exercises with Punte (thrusts)
- Part 4: Application Drills with Partners
Dagger Training Video Series
- Nine Masters of Dagger:
A 9 Part Video Training Series
Sword Training Videos
- First Master of Longsword
Exploring critical tactical decisions