Memberships are charged by monthly subscription payment but are not long-term contracts. Membership and pro shop purchases are subject to the following restrictions:
- If you need to take a month off, you may pause by going to your account page and following the procedures there.
- If you need to cancel, you may do so on your account page.
- You must pause or cancel before the first of the month, when payments are charged.
- Because school expenses continue regardless of student attendance, we can’t prorate any month. You will be charged for a full month if you take any classes within that month.
- If you cancel a Membership that comes with a physical item, such as the Introductory Membership school shirt, you will still be charged for that item. This does not apply to physical item sales without integrated Membership sale, nor to Package sales where the items are in effect separate from the Membership payment, and those items remain yours to keep.
- Certain months include holiday closures. We do not pro-rate payments for these months, but we do encourage people to attend other sessions during the week, and we include open practice sessions for everyone during the December and early January Holidays.
- If the academy is closed due to inclement weather, payments are not pro-rated.
- If we need to cancel a session due to instructor illness or similar reason, we will issue a pro-rated refund for the students enrolled in that session.
- All membership refunds are subject to a fee of up to 20% of the amount refunded. This is to cover the banking fees we are charged for both the purchase transaction and the refund transaction.
- Physical items, such as masks, swords, gloves, and other equipment are warranted by the Academy for 30 days against defect but not against improper use. We will replace or refund, at our discretion, any defective item.
- Returns for refund of any physical item must be done within two weeks of purchase, and are subject to a 20% restocking fee.