Memberships are by subscription payment but are not long-term contracts. You may cancel at any time subject to the following conditions:
- Because school expenses continue regardless of student attendance, we can’t prorate any month. We don’t make people sign long-term contracts: if you need to take a month off, you may pause by going to your account page and following the procedures there. You may also cancel through the same process.
- You must cancel one week before the first of the month, when payments are charged. The monthly subscription payment is not pro-rated. You will be charged for a full month if you take classes within that month.
- If you cancel a Membership that comes with a physical item, you will still be charged for that item. This does not apply to single item sales without integrated Membership sale, nor to Package sales where the items are in effect separate from the Membership payment, and those items remain yours to keep.
- Certain months include holiday closures. We do not pro-rate payments for these months, but we do encourage people to attend other sessions during the week, and include “open practice” sessions for everyone at the end of December.
- If we are closed due to weather, payments are not pro-rated.
Physical items, such as masks, swords, gloves, and other equipment are warranted by the Academy for 30 days against defect but not against improper use. We will replace or refund, at our discretion, any defective item.